Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Se Preocupe

Ok.  So I know this has been a week too late.... but here I am.  In Panama.  It's been one of the longest weeks of my life.  The people that I have met that I will be living and working with are amazing.  Everyone is just as nervous and excited as I am.  The process that I had to go through to get an apartment was just insane and hard.  I've been doing considerably well, I think, considering.  That is, until today.  It was my last day before school started and I ran around all day trying to buy things I needed for the apartment with my roommate, Jodie.  Nothing has been easy.  No matter how hard I try, my spanish is not good enough, cabbies don't want to pick up a white girl, I can't get the modem to work because I can't call and talk to the internet company because (again) I don't speak spanish, shopping at the mall for things I need was hard because when buying things like laundry baskets, pots and pans, and kitchen supplies you have to carry them around.... and when you have no car to put them in it makes the whole process DIFFICULT!  To top it all off the Panamanian attitude is "No se preocupe"   meaning..... don't worry about it  Thats right.... nothings going well for you?  don't worry about it.  If you know me you will know that's not possible for me.  
Don't get me wrong, everything here is ok.  I just would like one thing to be easier.  I am here, in the country, with no friends, where everyone speaks another language that I am desperately trying to learn and everything is hard and new.  

SO..... no se preocupe, verdad?

No comments: