Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Love Letter to Panama....

Dear Panama,
I was wondering, if you had the time, maybe you could GET IT TOGETHER.  I don't really understand why everything I do here must take hours, days, and weeks.  Let me give you some examples of areas that need improvement.  
1.  Getting a social security ID card: 3 Hours.
2.  A Yellow Fever vaccination: 5 Hours.
3.  Transferring the registration of a car (AFTER you have all the paperwork): 2 Days
4.  Getting Cable:  Indefinate period of time.
5.  Delivering furniture: 3 Weeks.
6.  Catching a taxi in the afternoon:  1 Hour.
7.  Withdrawing money from the bank: 1 Hour.

These are just a few areas I feel need some work.  If you and I are going to make, and believe me I'm in this for the long haul, you really have to change.  Otherwise, I may have to break up with you or in the very least become the crazy girlfriend.  

Thanks.

Kari

No comments: