Monday, October 20, 2008

Costa Rica, Shmosta Rica

Another Monday, another blog.  I returned from my conference in Costa Rica on Friday.  It was a great conference, I got to meet other music teachers in Central America, which is nice because they are my closest colleagues.  I spoke a lot with people about starting a band program which is what they are hoping to do here at ISP.  As for seeing Costa Rica..... I didn't.  It was SUPER rainy and cold and I was in meetings the WHOLE time.  I saw just a bit of Escazu when I went to see a school there, but nothing else.  I will say, however, the roads are better AND so are the drivers.  Plus it's not so pooping hot all the time.   On Saturday  Jodie and I went to the beach for a while, basked in the sun, enjoyed the waves.  Sunday we spent being super lazy and seeing an awful excuse for a band.  4 Gringos playing for an all american audience that can dance.... awful.

On an unrelated note:  I will be in NC in to weeks.  I almost can't contain myself.


2 comments:

recipes said...

Hey, how long will you be in NC?

Jacob H said...

are you implying that all americans can dance... because i know that is NOT true. and was anyone playing the ouiro?