Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Darlin' Do Not Fear

After a really long week last week things, again, are settling.  I remember moving to Asheville, which is only a few hours from where I grew up, and feeling the same way I feel now.  Actually I felt worse.  Because now I go home to roommates and I have plans on the weekends and I actually go out.  In Asheville I had no one.  I did nothing, so although it's a foreign country, I am doing ok.  There are moments I want to stand in a crowd of Panamanians and scream "I HATE PANAMA"  ok well really to make an impact it would need to be "YO ODIO PANAMA"  but you get the point.  Or I want to scream " 'It's Panama'  is not an acceptable excuse as to why things don't work or why people are rude....."  (I can't translate that into Spanish....)   HOWEVER, things are getting better.  I will, hopefully, be in my permanent classroom in around a month, I have been given a budget to order new furniture, and they have a piano on the way for me.  I am leaving this afternoon for Costa Rica for a conference and a much needed vacation from my students.  THEN it's only two weeks until I am home.   Exciting stuff.

So, all in all.  Things are getting better, still.

No comments: