Saturday, September 20, 2008

Somewhere to hang my hat.

I finally moved into a temporary classroom on Wednesday this week.  It's nice to not push a cart around all day.  The room is huge, so we have lots of room to run around and make noise.  I am a little sad that I won't see people as much, I was making friends that way, especially with the Dolphins (the support staff).  In celebration of finishing this phase of the move, Wendy my principal, threw a small gathering at her house.  It was nice to socialize together outside of school and the director, office staff, and dolphins came as well.  My lack of spanish is beginning to annoy me.  Speaking with anyone who doesn't speak english takes a long time and they are mostly frustrated with me.  I really must find a tutor.

I am pretty sure that I will be buying a car here in a few weeks.  It's a two door 2002 Yaris.  And.... it's a manual.  So I will have to learn to drive it.  But, it will be a good story later.

1 comment:

recipes said...

I love that the staff members are called Dolphins. I'm gonna start that at my school. :-)
You should talk to Michael Phelps about Rosetta Stone - he learned Chinese that way. :-)