Monday, June 9, 2008

People are strange when you're a stranger....

Today feels like the first day in a very long journey. I have been spending the day moving out of my classroom here in Asheville and preparing to move out of the city permanently in just a few days. Just in the past six months have I begun to feel like Asheville is home. I have fantastic friends, a lovely home, and a good job and here I am leaving it all to go to a place I've never even visited, a place where I will have no friends, a place where I won't even speak the language very well. Most days I know I can do this. Some days, like today, I am not convinced.

However, I know this is the opportunity of a lifetime. This will be one of the most exciting things I ever do and, in the long run, it will make me a better teacher, friend, and person.

Stay tuned. Let's just see how it all goes.

2 comments:

What's For Dinner? said...

Love ya, Kari! I know I don't see you much these days anyway, but I'm going to miss you! :-) I will check this daily for a dose of Kari. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Kristen Davis's brother is in Panama. I'm not sure what city. His wife is from there and they are going back to have their baby there :) Good luck down there!